Monday, July 11, 2011

my current resume


Allison Gunn                                         Resume
Trained doula                                                                                             435 512 4861
            The family unit is the fundamental unit of human society.  I am a firm
            believer that if things are well in the home, it trickles out to create a
            world-wide effect of peace.  There are many elements to creating that
            loving home, but I have decided to aide in the beginning of that family.
            Through emotional support, physical comfort measures, and non-biased
            information,  I believe I can help couples achieve a positive experience
            in the birth of their little one, and therefore feel more empowered
            and confident in their own abilities to raise and love that child to the
            best of their abilities.
Completed Doula Training Oct. 3 2010 Trainer: Ellie Shea RN, CD, HBE, BSN (310) 326-2764 

A s   y o u r   d o u l a,   I   c a n   p r o v i d e :
Basic Massage                                             Infant Wrapping
Information                                                    Help with Hypnobirthing
Training for your partner                             Breathing Techniques
Birthing Ball                                                  Breastfeeding Tips
Photos                                                           One on One Meetings
Your child’s Birth Story                               Resources you might find helpful

B  a  c  k  g  r  o  u  n  d :
MOTHER OF ONE – To MacAlister Gunn, born September 13, 2009
CHIROPRACTIC  ASSISTANT – Holland Chiropractic
Dr. John Holland                   
562 694 8347                         
How does this apply to my doula work?
This job enabled me to do more hands-on work with the patient’s body than I had previously been able to.  I also thoroughly enjoyed the “natural” atmosphere and learned much about the body’s ability to heal itself.
DIRECT CARE SUPERVISOR – Avalon Hills
Doriann Pye-Petersen            
 435 753 3686                        
How does this apply to my doula work?
Here I learned much about the complexity of the female mind, and the power therein.  I watched these girls overcome incredible things, and was amazed by the abilities we posses when we are determined, informed, and loved.
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE – Mt. West Physical Therapy
Brad Thomas PT                    
435 755 0781                         
How does this apply to my doula work?
This job was my intro the workings of the human body.  I witnessed people come back from some incredibly difficult circumstances, and learned that a little movement can go a long way in helping the body perform the functions needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment